Dude, Where's My Muse?

Monday, July 31, 2006

Working

I'm making notes on the alternate version of the first few chapters of VW. I'll try and put them together later and see which ones I like best. Part of me is resisting the change (ala the huge struggle I had getting them to cooperate so far) and this way I change those first four chapters completely around. But I guess I have to ask myself which makes the story better right? And go with the gut. So you know what I'll be doing tonight while watching RAW *g*

I'm trying to figure out my YA idea and find a way to plot. Most of the time I'm a pantster *listens to the fake gasps of shock* which seems to work most of the time. But this one...well like Sabrina did, it needs a little guidance, a little bit of a map to tell me where the heck it is they're going. so if you know of any good sites, or blog entries, on plotting please let me know.
posted by Lis at 5:23 p.m.

4 Comments:

Thanks, Lis -- you know what for ;) Re: plotting, if you go to Fiona Harper's blog (there's a link on mine), she did a great post the other day summarizing GMC. It was so well-written and made the progression of scenes and chapters very clear. That could help with plotting?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:11:00 a.m.  

Welks :o) No problem!
Thanks for the link, I followed the trail over. Copied and pasted, definitely help get to know the characters better, and that can't hurt! *g*

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:34:00 p.m.  

Don't ask this panster how to plot, I couldn't even do the outlines for school reports accurately. Good luck with it.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:19:00 a.m.  

Me too Bailey. I always did mine after the project, with a few carefully left in places I'd 'changed' lol

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home