Dude, Where's My Muse?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Queen of seeds

Some of my flowers are already starting to go to seed *sniffle sniffle*. Cosmos were the first to kick off the trend with the one up front, now the patch in the back is starting to join in, fun there was getting a jolt of how sharp those d*mn seeds are when I got four or five stuck in my thumb. So now scissors are my new best friend! *g* And the other flowers are quickly joining in, petunia, pansy (the seed heads are huge...) and some portulanca & snapdragons.

Got to harvest my first four o'clock seeds this afternoon too. Wow, these seeds are huge. Like the size of a matchstick head. May need a few envelopes for those ones, since the few plants by the window now look like a hedge!

Have to go google for some online printable seed packets. Usually I just use #10 envelopes and stuff them in there, but I've got some small seeds that won't stuff a whole one of those, so might as well design my own pretty ones :o)
posted by Lis at 6:38 p.m.

3 Comments:

Wow, girl, you're definitely the queen of seeds! I've never designed seeds packets, but I did the labels for home made jams and jellies. That was fun!

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:17:00 a.m.  

My yard is yellow. Won't talk about things growing cuz it's all dead.

You're amazing.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:03:00 p.m.  

Right now I just cut some #10 envelopes in half for the smaller seeds, works quite well. Doodled some flowers on the front with my pretty scented markers and voila, instant seed packs :D

Oh yummy on the homemade jams and jellies!

Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home