Dude, Where's My Muse?
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Santa Came Early
So yeah, that's my big news. Its funny, a few weeks ago I didn't tell anyone but I was kinda depressed about my writing. NaNo wasn't going the way it did last year, my queries were getting form Rs, and I was just sorta blahhed out on a few of my ideas (including the YA one I've been dabbling with). And within two weeks, things have just taken a complete 180 :o) So yeah, happy holidays one and all *g*
And if you don't hear from me, I'm in the cave *g*
Tis The Season
For Christmas shopping. Was at a mall yesterday and instead of kids taking pictures with Santa, there was doggies have pictures with Santa. Too cute. Two very adorable shih tzu's were in line waiting to sit on Santa's lap. :o) That was an awww moment. Made me wish we'd had one of those done with HBK.
I thought I'd manage to get a few things crossed off my Xmas shopping list. What did I accomplish? Zip. Zilch. Nadda. Not a single gift in sight. Bah humbug. And a trip to Coles bookstore was uneventful. No copies of Jill's books (wanted to treat myself). The copies of PC's new book were already tattered (sorry, for $8.50 I want my copy pretty darn pristine) so at this rate, Xmas this year will be half finished xmas cards :o)
I want to wave a wand and have my shopping done. Or get one of those elves they advertise on TV from Sears and let them do the shopping for me. *g*
So if you could have anything this year for the holidays, what would it be?
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American pals :o)
Still working on the synopsis of suckiness.
Other than that, not a lot going on. Doing Xmas cards this wknd hopefully and some shopping. I only have like 2 things bought, and I thought I'd be more ahead this year. Oh well.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Signs Mercury Is In Retrograde
* updated router firmware, lose internet access, have to reinstall internet software - 6 hours later, still no internet, still installing software again (which suddenly loses files even though its the original cd that worked fine 6 months ago) only does restoring to factory defaults do anything... and even then I had to guess my way through setting back up the internet because, they're too smart to give you a manual. But you can IM them through ecare for help -- hint, only works if your CONNECTED to the net.
* polishing up partial. Move updated file to desktop, add to it, then accidently delete old version of file and new version together... panic attack ensues. Recycle bin shows both as same size file (the small size) keep panicing. Finally after restoring one and moving it to different folder and restoring the 2nd one, which was of course the added to one, finally get entire 2 chaps back. Break diet and grab nearest caffeine fix.
* when burning DVD of hockey game, with 10 minutes to go, plug in capture device thereby rendering burning halted and inoperable. Ruin dvd in burner, waste 4 hours encoding time and get to do it all over again...
So its been a FUN 4 days, and that's just the highlights. Since the router update its now taking 2 hours to move a file that took 30 minutes before. And it keeps dropping the network which is what the one was doing before we replaced it to this one. *hits head on desk* Tell me this is going to end soon?
Anyone else having any tech problems lately?
PS - Thanks to everyone who posted congrats below, will reply more to it later today since its 2am here. :o)
Friday, November 10, 2006
Even Better Way To End It...
This time its by my top top choice. So needless to say, agent who wanted an exclusive, now isn't going to get it *g* Get to spend the weekend polishing, so if you're one of my trusted cps, be ready to see something in your inbox soon soon soon!!
Monday, November 06, 2006
Good Way To Start The Week
Its a partial with synop but its the first 'real' request I've had for Sabrina. I'm so excited!!
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Nell’s tagged me with this one, I’m supposed to share five things about me which you may not have known before. Alright, here we go --
1. I was home schooled off and on from grade 4 on… (grades 4/5 and most of my grade 11/12 subjects except for English AP and Accounting/Finance)
2. I’ve been a WWE wrestling fan for 20 years next spring, so I’ve got a vast (weird?) knowledge of wrestlers, moves, title histories, ect. I even made my dad take us down to Calgary in 1997 for the day so I could go to my first ppv, where we sat right in front of the entrance way on the floor. Met Ken Shamrock that day and had my picture taken with him :o)
3. I luv hockey :o) And again, at times I know more than really a female -should- :o) And I can pretty well tell you when my favorite player will take a penalty, he suddenly throws his arms out, 9 times out of ten a whistle follows that move and he's sitting for 2 minutes in the sin bin
4. I have a pretty good green thumb which apparently comes from my great grandpa
5. I'm an award winning fanfic author :o) Some of my stories are even up on a 'classics' website for the realm I write in
A note from Sharon, the creator of People Collection posts: "PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS:Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)"
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
I hit 900 and a few words, can't log into Nano because I lost my cookies and unfortunately can't remember my password. And I'm not sure I like the story. Or my heroine. And the sorta kinda hero (its a paranormal comedy formerly known as chick-lit) isn't quite real to me yet, so his dialogue sucks and frankly if I was her, I'd be walking away from him too. By this time tomorrow, i'm hoping it gets better or I'm morphing it into something else. Like a funny women's fic without the paranormal.