Dude, Where's My Muse?
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Queen of seeds
Got to harvest my first four o'clock seeds this afternoon too. Wow, these seeds are huge. Like the size of a matchstick head. May need a few envelopes for those ones, since the few plants by the window now look like a hedge!
Have to go google for some online printable seed packets. Usually I just use #10 envelopes and stuff them in there, but I've got some small seeds that won't stuff a whole one of those, so might as well design my own pretty ones :o)
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Bits and pieces
In case you haven't noticed, the er, lack of talk about writing, that's because I'm not actually doing any. My creativity has run off (perhaps to Finland? or NHL pretraining camps. Probably down in Dallas watching Modano skate or some other such exciting activity) and since it has, I'm forced to keep up with my synopsis writing workshop this month. Learning a few things, but also that the three words I chose to use to describe Sabrina, well independent may have just been a bad choice (because really, is she struggling to keep her independence? oh light bulb moment as I type, maybe she really is, I just need to add to that para...) so for those of you who've glimpsed Sab, what words would you use to describe her?
And in the final bit of blabbing right now, had a scary moment with my laptop last night. It decides coming out of hybernation to give me the bright blue screen of terror, telling me it has a system error gives some code and that it needs to shut down. Er okay. Let it reboot itself, where it proceeds to look like its lost EVERYTHING and wants to only go to hibernate. Somehow about the 4th time it came out of hibernate i got F8 to take and hit delete something and it rebooted like normal. But talk about shaving years off my life with that one. Must make sure everything on here is backed up tonight and that I burn to DVD the few things I captured this week.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire by Gena Showalter
Earth, Wind and Fire aren’t just a band anymore…
Used to be my greatest achievement was holding a job more than three days. Now suddenly I can shoot fireballs, chill your drink, or blow-dry your hair at fifty paces with a blink of my eye!
It all started when this crazy scientist dropped something in my grande mocha latte. Of course I got wicked sick. Next morning I’m waking up with this total hottie bending over me. He tells me 1) his name’s Rome Masters, 2) he’s a government agent and 3) I can control the four elements with a thought. He seems even less pleased by my (apparently irreversible) transformation that I am. . . because now he’s supposed to kill me. The only good news: I didn’t make this bed of trouble, but Rome sure seems to want me to lie in it. With him.
Read an excerpt
Order your copy from Barnes and Noble or Amazon or Books A Million
And if you’d like a chance to win signed copies of *all* Gena Showalter’s books, all you have to do is post this entry, too. Post the cover, the blurb, the links, and this contest announcement, then head over to Gena’s blog (http://www.genashowalter.blogspot.com ) and let her know you posted the material. A name will be randomly selected on September 3rd from those who do!!
Which makes total sense that today's the day dad decides its time to clear the junk out and rents a u-haul. Since mom's knee is buggered up right now and she can't help, there I am sweltering, ready to pass out carrying loads of old plywood and stuff up the ramp, into the large, hot, metal truck. Oh and the ants, apparently there was an ant infestation in the wood pile...and we had no raid. Picture this, stomping on a two foot pile of wood every time you take a piece away. Joyful. Add in the heat and it was pure h-e-l-l.
Though I guess I impressed dad with all this and am getting lunch out of the deal tomorrow. Woohoo!
Friday, August 18, 2006
1. One book that changed my life: REMEMBERANCE by Jude Deveraux. The first time I realized not everyone had stories in their head. Color me clueless :o)
2. One book I have read more than once: (other then my own, VW is currently the most read book of 05-06) uhm, SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY by Nancy Price and THE FIRM by John Grisham. I read them at least once a year.
3. One book I would want on a desert island: THE FIRM by Grisham. I love it so much J And Jackie Collins Lucky series, any one of those would be good!
4. One book that made me laugh: Recently? ANGEL WITH ATTITUDE by Michelle Rowen & CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET by Sophie Kinsella. I’m going to do a little best book of the summer on AWA later this month. Because I adored the book so much.
5. One Book that made me cry: wow, I can name a handful of Danielle Steel novels for this one. Palomino. No Greater Love.
6. One book I wish I’d written: A KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR by Jude Deveraux, the Goddess Grail series by Evelyn Vaughn
7. One Book I wish had never been written: Hard to say, the one I didn’t like was a Dean Koontz. I got about half a chapter in and put it down. That was like 13 years ago. Guess it could go into the wish I’d never bought pile.
8. One book I am currently reading: DEAD RECKONING by Sandra K. Moore
9. One book I have been meaning to read: The Eddie Guerrero Bio that came out last year. Its on my amazon wish list but I just might splurge one of these days and buy it myself.s
I think I have no one to tag!
Eve, Olga if you feel like doing this one sometime, you're tagged *g*
Monday, August 14, 2006
Bombshell No More
This just sucks. Bombshell was the only line I bought monthly, at least 3 of the books a month (I never really got into the Athena continuity).
So, if you read Bombshell, which was your favorite book from the line? I've got a bunch, maybe I'll save those for an upcoming blog entry, the best of bombshell.
And reminder -- entries at contest junkies change Wednesday night. If you haven't checked out this week's entries (and why not? *g*) go by
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Some good ones up this week :o)
Monday, August 07, 2006
I'm not sure about the 4 hours a day bit, right now I'm lucky if I can write two words of dialogue with my brain being mush.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
And Monday I start my synopsis writing workshop. Should be interesting. apparently we'll learn a bunch of tips on emphasizing different things. Sounds good to me. I've been writing synops the same way for the last 4 years. Might be time for a change.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Swing by Kristi's blog. She's put up some great updates on what Avon, NAL, Warner, ect were saying at the conference.
Just like being there! *g*
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Its A NO
I'm scrapping it.