Dude, Where's My Muse?
Thursday, May 31, 2007
1. The Blonde Geisha by Jina Bacarr
2. Secret Society Girl by Diana Peterfreund
3. Killer In High Heels by Gemma Halliday
4. Second Sight by Amanda Quick
5. The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason
6. Innocence and Impropriety by Diane Gaston
7. Girl's Guide To Witchcraft by Mindy Klasky
8. The Champion by Heather Grothaus
9. Maybe, Baby by Lani Diane Rich
10. He Loves Me, He Loves Me Hot by Stephanie Rowe
11. Hell's Belles by Jackie Kessler
12. Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella
13. Bitten and Smitten by Michelle Rowen
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Romance Junkies - open to submissions June 1st, multiple submissions allowed
Stilletto - mid June I believe (chick-lit)
Brava novella - mid August I think. 750 word excerpt. Reunited lovers theme
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
The deadline for the first 35 pages (I think it was 35) is June 25th.
So if you don't hear from me for awhile, I'm banging my head on the keyboard wondering just what I was thinking lol
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Ottawa vs ???
I'm hoping Detroit's the team to come out of the west, but winning without Prongs, might have just put the Ducks on a roll :(
Rumor is the finals start on the 26th :o)
Friday, May 18, 2007
Hockey and other randomness
I've been a bad blogger this week. Between my signing up for Michelle Rowen's writing challenge (20 pages a day for 14 days); the hockey and sleeping on the floor... (not so fun. Really) I'm lucky I remember to brush my hair. The writing's going okay, I'm up to 11K right now on the new YA idea, realized the songs I was playing last week on my playlist could actually make up some of the soundtrack to the story.
So I'm sleeping on the floor because I got one of those foam mattress topper things that's supposed to help you sleep better and I'm hoping it takes away some of my back/shoulder issues. But it needs 72 hours to come back to life from being vacuum sealed and to lose its fresh foam smell. And since the only surface it can stretch out on is the bed... I've spent the last 2 nights camping out on my floor. NOT FUN. Really.
The game last night was a little disappointing. I thought the Wings could have taken it -- especially since they were without their fearless leader Pronger (can you hear the sarcasm lol) and Cleary was playing pretty well (wanted to see him get the hat trick). I'm think the series could go 7 though right now, it may go the Ducks way.
I have to remember Ottawa plays at noon -- or is it 1? -- tomorrow. I hate afternoon playoff games. And this one's after 2 days off. I guess from watching tsn yesterday only 4 of the guys skated. So they'll either be fresh or...spending the first period trying to get their legs back.
This weekend marks the first long weekend of summer and its going to be raining all 3 days. Can you believe it? Shocking I know. Oh well. Hopefully it'll help the plants pop up quicker.
Monday, May 14, 2007
What a Game
I'm not sure the goal by Alfredson would have gone in if he hadn't pushed it into the net itself, looked within Miller's reach. Feel sorry for the guy, he's keeping them in the games and they're just... impersonating the Oilers from game 7 of the finals last year.
Anyone think it'll go longer than game 4?
Hoping the Anaheim-Detroit game tomorrow has more life to it. Could get ugly since Anaheim's more physical and Detroit's a smaller team. Though I'd love to see Big Bert nail Prongs against the board just once (or twice *g*)
And just so its not an all Hockey post (lol) I spent the afternoon outside seeding pots and planting petunias. And now have freckled arms :) The joys of a sunny spring day!
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Game 2 Eastern Conference
Emery looked sharper tonight but the tieing goal, could have/should have? been disallowed. The guy was clearly in the crease keeping Emery from moving when Briere scored. And what's with them seeming to always score with 6 or 7 seconds left in a game? Weird.
First overtime was entertaining. The second, both teams looked...exhausted. Imagine if like in the Vancouver-Dallas game they had to play 4 or 5, I don't think they could have handled it. Nice goal by Corvo to end the game. Still not sure why it bounced, it looked like it hit something?
Felt a teeny bit bad for Miller, what with all the arm waving at the end of the third. They couldn't clear the zone long enough to pull their own goalie? Game 3 ought to be interesting. Esp. depending on which Buffalo team shows up. The guys who played in period 1 tonight, or the guys who played the first 19 minutes of period 3.
I'm still thinking Ottawa goes to the finals :)
So I'm stuck with her.
And now, I'm stuck on one sentence. Its kinda key to describe JT (name to change later, kinda like Sab's first few pages had her named Rach lol)
he's the bad boy she's just met and she's trying to figure him out.
Here's my sentencce --
On the bad boy scale, zero to Colin Farrell, he was more... (fill in the blank). That's where I am. I need to figure out/remember hollywood bad boys. He's not that bad yet, but he's got an edge to him but when it comes to Chey, he's more normal.
So yeah, any names you could throw at me would be great :)
Friday, May 11, 2007
Change of Luck
And even better, no sooner had I come in then the UPS guy pulled up outside. Now since he usually makes a few deliveries every week to the neighbor I didn't think much of him parking in front. Till he came to the door. Turns out to be the prize I won at a chat last month straight from the publisher. Not just one book, but three :) What a way to kick off the weekend! hehe
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Eastern Conference Finals
* Nice shorthanded goal in the first. :o) Good way to start off the game
* Way too many penalties. I mean, wow... the second period was a huge parade to the box.
* Where was Briere? I mean they showed him on the bench... but as for seeing him on the ice... didn't see him a whole lot. Even the announcers were wondering if he was hurt.
* Emery didn't look as good as usual but still played well.
* Kinda wondered if Lindy was going to pull Miller sooner or even put in Conks.
I think game two is going to get vicious. They said there were 50 hits tonight. Thinking Saturday's game is going to be at least that many. Thinking though game 2 might be Buffalo's game since now they have something to prove.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
8 Things About Moi
1) Each player starts with 8 random facts or habits about themselves.
2) People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their 8 things with a copy of these rules.
3) At the end of your blog you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.
4) Don't forget to leave them a note saying they've been tagged.
Okay, after a little thinking here we go --
1) I hate pulp. I'll strain my orange juice, pink lemonade, limade to get rid of it. Its cringeworthy.
2) I keep cool shopping bags. (ala, the planet bag I got my dress in last year)
3) I don't many hot drinks, except for hot chocolate.
4) When I was little my fave potato chips were ketchup flavored till I turned allergic to them.
5) My favorite 'angry' music is Kid Rock's Devil Without A Cause CD. If its blaring, you know I'm in a bad mood lol
6) I'm sadly hooked on hgtv shows. How Not To Decorate. Location, Location and its brother, Relocation, Relocation
7) The only reason I took english 10ap was because it didn't have the public speaking part that straight english 10 did lol (And I'm glad I took ap, we had way more cool topics to study and we got to watch the entire BBC pride & prejudice)
8) I don't like beer, not fussy about wine. But give me a Mike's Hard Lemonade or vodka and 7up and I'm a happy gal! :o)
So now I'll tag - Olga, Nell, Jess
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Book Tour - Murder With Reservations
Elaine has suffered a stroke, and while she is recovering remarkably, she will be unable to tour for her May 1 release MURDER WITH RESERVATIONS: A Dead-End Job Mystery. Many authors are stepping up and doing a "Tour" for her. You can find event places and times here, as well as much more information.
Helen Hawthorne has a knack for keeping a low profile. But in South Florida, it's going to get a lot harder to fly under the radar... Working at Sybil's Full Moon Hotel in Fort Lauderdale keeps Helen safe and sane. But when a maid is found dead in a Dumpster, those days just might be over. Dead bodies mean another chance for the cops to find her. To make matters worse, her ex-husband is hot on her trail. Sadly, the cops don't seem to care much about a murdered maid-but they take notice of her coworker's shady story. If Helen doesn't manage to dodge their questions and shake off her ex, it could be checkout time.
Click here for a chance to win a copy of the book yourself.
So between that and feeling kind of blah overall, not much getting done this week. Even hockey isn't that exciting, esp. since the canucks are teetering on the edge of elimination. I guess the only good thing is the Sens are still in it. And hockey rumors are picking back up again, always fun! :)
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Weather here is still cold. It rained/snowed on the wknd which is always fun. Went outside last night to put the dirt I'd dumped out of last year's pots into this year's so I can put the seeds in later this week. Only managed to get half the pots done because the soil was so cold my hands froze and nicely swelled a little. Since its overcast and cool again, I think the rest of the pots can wait till its a little warmer and a little more sunnier. I think we had nicer weather this time last year.
Still watching the playoffs. Canucks sorta gave the game away the other night. Ottawa's playing well, though I think they got stuck with some bad refs (almost wondering if they're the same refs from round one who called back three goals on Sidney). Looking forward to the Buffalo-Rangers game tonight. I'm thinking the east is going to come down to Buffalo-Ottawa, and hoping the west is Detroit-Canucks.
No news on the writing front really. The sexual tension workshop I was taking ended yesterday. Great course. I'm not sure when Mary's offering it in the future but if you want to brush up your writing, its a great one to take. I can see changes in mine already just toying with the novella idea. :) Which bodes well I think should I ever get the urge to revamp STTA since the reason M&B didn't like seems to be the lack of sexual tension.
Hope everyone's having a good start to the month.